Wednesday 4 February 2009

What a Week!!

Well, it is about time I post another entry.  This is the week I was scheduled to cook for the Luncheon Club.  It has been a crazy week!  On Sunday, it started to snow!  It has been snowing on and off since then.  School was cancelled on Monday and Tuesday.  The children were able to go to school today, but they came home with news that school has already been cancelled tomorrow.  We are expecting another 6 inches tonight.  In the middle of all this, I still had to prepare and cook for 60 people.  Thankfully, the kids did go to school today so that I could get everything done.  I went to the community center at 10:00 to start getting ready.  However, I started cooking for it on Tuesday.  Someone donated a turkey, so I was able to cook, cool and de-bone it at home before today.  Yesterday, I baked 3 chocolate cakes for the dessert.  So, today, all I had to do was put it all together.  The final menu was turkey pot pie, mashed potatoes, broccoli and cauliflower and chocolate cake with single cream for dessert.  It was a great day!  The kitchen staff said that there wasn't anything left to wash off the plates!  They said I could cook for them again.  Just to let you know, it took 2 pans that were 14 by 18 inch and 2 1/2 inches deep for the chicken pot pie and 3 pans that were 10 by 13 inches  for the cake. Next time, this should be even easier to do.  It really has been a good week.  The kids have loved the snow days and I have enjoyed my first cooking for 60 experience.  If you would like my rough recipe, devised with the help of a friend and a bisquik recipe, just send me an email! Will post again soon with more snow pics!    LOL, Tennille

1 comment:

Brittany Watson said...

Wow, Mrs. Tennille, that snow looks like fun! LOL, y'all got a whole lot more snow than we did.;-) That chicken pot pie sounds good! My mom would like the recipe if you can email her here:

wewatson@pbtcomm.net


I'd better go,

Brittany